castle community hub open day
2-5pm on Wednesday 19th September
Our open day is a chance for you to come along and find out what we've got going on. There will be family fun with a bouncy castle, face painting and 'Stay and Play' for children. There will be chance to chat with course tutors about their courses and free refreshments for everyone.
Call 07578 044989 if you would like to find out more.
Regular drop-in sessions (no need to book).
all these activities take place during term time only:
Parents and Carers morning drop-in
School staff will be available between 8.30-9.15am in the Community Room to help out with your school related problems and queries or if you need some support with an issue. In addition to the general support, there is a special input each day of the week.
- Monday Behaviour Support Advice
- Tuesday SEN advice and Arabic support
- Wednesday Urdu and Punjabi additional language support
- Friday Polish additional language support
The drop-in is open to parents with children at Berry Brow and Newsome Juniors too.
Book swap is available during the drop-in session for anyone who wants to borrow a book for themselves or their child.
MumS and chums - various Mondays, 1-3pm
- A chance for Mums and their children under the age of 2 to get together for to 'make and create' session with their little ones. Time for chat and a cuppa too. Sessions are free but if you could make a donation towards refreshments that would be great. Everyone welcome.
STAY AND PLAY - TUESDAYS, 1.45-3.15PM
- Bring your little ones to Stay and Play for fun songs, lovely toys and a morning snack. Lending library available during the session. Session led by Miss Lamont and Miss MCGoldrick
HEALTH CLinic For 0-5 year olds (provided by Locala) - Wednesdays, 9-10.30am.
- A friendly drop in sessions where parents and carers can get advice and support on all aspects
of parenting, including: baby weighing, weaning, sleep issues, bedtime routines, toileting
training and toddler tantrums.
Coffee morning - Fridays, 9.00 - 10.00am
Come and join us for a cuppa, yummy cake and chat. Parents from Berry Brow and Newsome Juniors welcome too
NeighbourHood Police drop-in session -Friday 9.45 - 8.45am
- A chance to come and talk to PCSO Mike Thomas about any local issues and concerns. Drop-in sessions are scheduled for 25th May, 29th June and 20th July.
Get together Lunch - Fridays 12-2.30pm
- Come and meet new people, have a chat and enjoy lunch together. These sessions are particularly aimed at the older members of our community but everyone is welcome to come and join us.
- New dates to be added soon